For those who missed the conference, please see our respective videos below:
Asset Management for Occupational Pension Funds: Trends and Challenges
Tuesday, December 14, 2021 | 14.00-16.00 GMT
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 | 14.00-16.15 GMT
Following last year's highly successful and impactful conference, this year's conference will take an in depth look at the fast-changing world of asset management for occupational pension funds, both in Greece and abroad. International evidence and practice in conjunction with the challenges faced by the Greek occupational pensions will be discussed.
Distinguished academic and professional speakers will address timely topics of importance in the fields of investment strategies, performance, risk management, pensions' design and regulation. The conference is suitable for institutional investors, asset managers, policy makers, supervisors, pension funds and pensioners, insurance companies and academics.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- What are key performance indicators for the global pension industry?
- How did pension funds score during Covid-19?
- How to build effective pensions: A Canadian Story
- Recent EIOPA initiatives: Costs and charges, DC risk assessment
- EIOPA advice on pensions tracking systems and pensions dashboard
- Where to take IORP II
- How does the structure of pension systems affect pensions and the economy?
- Translating a government pension fund mandate into a long-term policy portfolio
- How to design smart default funds
- What is the impact of climate change & ESG?
- How can Fintech assist?
- The case of Greece
- How does EIOPA view Greek occupational pensions?
- Moving to funded public occupational pensions: An overview and assessment
- Pension reforms: The rationale for Pissarides Committee proposals
Following presentations, a panel of high-quality professionals will discuss best practices for asset management at occupational pension funds.
The conference is organized by Professor George Skiadopoulos, Director of IFFR, and Théodore Economou, Professional IFFR Fellow, Board Member and Advisor. IFFR is a leading international research center, where cutting edge academic research and the industry converge to address timely topics of interest to financial markets and the society. IFFR comprises a team of distinguished experts, academics and professionals, from prominent universities and institutions.
Registration is free.