Asset Management for Occupational Pension Funds
Wednesday, January 20, 2021 | 14.00-16.00 GMT
Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 14.30-17.00 GMT
The conference will take an in depth look at the fast-changing world of asset management for occupational pension funds, both in Greece and abroad. International evidence and practice in conjunction with the challenges faced by the Greek occupational pensions will be discussed.
Distinguished academic and professional speakers will address timely topics of importance in the fields of investment strategies, performance, risk management and regulation. The conference is suitable for institutional investors, asset managers, policy makers, supervisors, pension funds and pensioners, insurance companies and academics.
Indicative topics to be addressed are:
- Evolution of asset management for occupational pensions since 1960: A historical background
- Current asset management challenges for occupational pensions: How do funds tackle them?
- Regulation of DC plans: What are the main international approaches and problems to be solved?
- EIOPA 2019 stress test results: How should European IORPs re-design their portfolios?
- What are the benefits from investing in private equity and how should portfolios be designed?
- Factor Investing: What are the drivers of its returns?
- Systematic strategies in institutional portfolios: Construction of systematic downside protection solutions
- How does ESG help the asset management of occupational pensions? Approaches and lessons for asset managers and policy makers
Following presentations, a panel of high-quality professionals will discuss how the international practices and evidence can be applied to the Greek landscape to make it a success.
The conference is organized by Professor George Skiadopoulos, Director of IFFR, a leading international research center, where experts, academics, and professionals from prominent universities and institutions present state-of-the-art research on current and emerging financial issues.
Registration is free.